Android Engineer at Siera - Austin, Texas, United States
Salary $100,000 to $150,000 a year
Company Website https://www.siera.ai
Published February 2023
Job Role’s Objective:
We're looking for an experienced Android Developer with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience who will help design and develop mobile applications that involve building fluid user interfaces, robust and reliable background processes, implementing Bluetooth/BLE communication bridges and use sensors data such as an accelerometer, gyro etc.
About the Company
SIERA.AI is a fast-growing Seed-stage venture-backed AI startup in Austin, Texas (200% quarter over quarter revenue growth) that's building cutting-edge software and hardware solutions for industrial vehicle safety and automation. Our customer list includes top Fortune 500 warehousing and manufacturing companies. We have been counted as one of 21 Austin startups to watch out for in 2021.
Come join us to build the future of connected industrial vehicles.
What are your responsibilities?
To ensure success as an android developer, you should demonstrate proficiency in Kotlin, BLE communication and a sound understanding of product life cycle.
- Work with BLE communications protocols to communicate with our proprietary hardware
- Work with Accelerometers & Other Sensors for data collection, processing & reporting.
- Implementing measures to safeguard users' data.
- Proofreading your code and correcting mistakes before each app is released.
- Collaborating with UI and UX Designers, as well as Software Testers, to ensure that each app is presentable and in perfect working order.
- Ensuring that the construction and presentation of your apps are congruent with the company's standards.
- Monitoring app reviews to detect areas for improvement.
- Creating app updates, including bug fixes and additional features, for release.
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Assist in release and deployment process
- Troubleshoot customer issues when reported by support and creating workarounds and fixes
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Non remote, must be onsite in Austin, TX
- 5+ years of development experience with Android
- High proficiency in Kotlin for Android
- Experience taking products from concept to market
- 2 years of experience with Accelerometers and Bluetooth devices is a must
- Experience developing high quality, large-scale consumer applications
- A strong understanding of UI development in Android and being able to build scalable interfaces that can easily grow in functionality over time
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills
- Strong passion for building complex products
- Experience working with data via JSON
- 1+ year of prior startup experience, and desire to be challenged with complex issues
- Ability to manage your workload with minimal supervision
Nice to Haves
- Collaborating with cross-functional and overseas teams to define and design new features
- Ability to work with a global team of software engineers
- Early stage startup experience at Seed / Series A level
- Enterprise grade Android app development
- Experience with AWS Greengrass
- Experience with Samsung Knox or other Remote MDM services
- Experience with developing user interfaces for autonomous car or robotic applications
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of SIERA.AI’s core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.